First Vice-Governor at Banque du Liban, Lebanon’s central bank, from April 2009 till March 2019. He was also the:
- Alternate Governor for Lebanon at the International Monetary Fund as well at the Arab Monetary Fund’s Board of Governors.
- Alternate Chairman of the Capital Markets Authority in Lebanon.
- Chair of the Advisory Council for the Islamic Finance Qualification (IFQ).
- Executive Director for the Levant region at the Arab Monetary Fund’s Board of Executive Directors and member of the Audit and Risk Committee (2013 – 2016).
- He is currently the Executive Director representing the Group of the Levant in the Board of Executive Directors at the Arab Monetary Fund and a Board Member of the Arab Trade Financing Program.
Main tasks at Banque du Liban were:
- Member of the Central Council, the Open Market Committee, and the Reserves’ Investment Committee.
- Chair of the Financial Inclusion Committee, the Information Security Management Committee, and the Islamic Banking Regulatory Committee.
In addition to overseeing the following areas:
- Strategy and Organizational Development
- Information Technology Department
- Cash Operations Department
- Banking Department
- Branch Network
Previous Banking experience
- Twenty years of banking experience at leading commercial banks in Lebanon and in the United Arab Emirates.
- Held senior positions including Deputy General Manager and Director of Total Quality Management (TQM) program.
In the civil society arena
- A lifelong activist in the areas of social justice, women empowerment, interfaith dialogue, and institutional, human and economic development;
- Former board member of several non-governmental organizations;
- Active with the Lebanese diaspora and in the field of emigrant studies;
- Member of the Council of Ministers’- affiliated Committee for the selection of public sector leaders (2010-2013);
- Vice-Chair of the Examining Committee in charge of selecting members for the diplomatic corps;
- Jury panelist at the “Lebanese Excellence Award”.
In the academic field
- Lectured at world-renowned fora and universities in Lebanon, Europe, USA, Canada, and Australia on the current challenges of Central Banking and of the Arab Countries in Transitions on the monetary, economic, financial, social and cultural aspects;
- Former visiting lecturer at select universities in Lebanon where he facilitated courses in strategic management, leadership and change;
- Member of several master thesis and doctoral dissertation juries;
- Contributor to many national and international forums on the issues of governance, quality management systems, conflict management, peace-building, personal development, and group dynamics.
- Holder of masters and bachelor degrees in Business Administration from the University of North Carolina, Charlotte in the United States;
- Participant in several specialized executive education programs in the areas of leadership, strategy and behavioral economics at Harvard, MIT and The London School of Economics.